Post-Step Feelings

Post-Step 3 is a strange experience being on wards. Or maybe it's because I was so focused on studying and passing the exam for so long, now that I'm done with it, it's eerie coming back to the real world.
Even after six months of residency, there's so much I don't know. Lately, I've felt like my struggle for competency has been such a disappointing one. Maybe it's the way my team operates, or maybe it's just me, but I have been struggling in managing my patients in a wholesome way, often missing things here and there.
I'm usually a decent presenter. Organization is usually a skill that I can rely on.
But this time, not so much.
I'm really hoping that this is just a rut I've been stuck in after Step 3, and that my "competence" will spring back to life with more time...
 
Meanwhile, give me those fries!

Comments

Post a Comment